Winston Art Group prepares Fair Market Value appraisals for property being donated for purposes of charitable tax deduction.
- Donation appraisals are for Fair Market Value.
- Winston Art Group donation appraisals are delivered to clients with an 8283 tax form, and can be submitted to the IRS to obtain appropriate tax deductions.
- For clients who have works of art or collectibles which they would like to donate, but do not have a specific institution in mind, Winston Art Group can advise on an appropriate institution and oversee communication to confirm acceptance of the donation. For more information, please contact Ashley Farrell in our Collection Management Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212.542.5755.
- Typically, our appraisers inspect the property in person and then return to the office to conduct market research. In some cases, we are able to complete appraisals without an on-site inspection, from provided images, description and documentation.
- Appraisal documents are available in both hard copy and digital formats, and are easily accessible through our interactive collection management system. The appraisal document includes color digital images and full catalogue descriptions for each item, with values supported by appropriate market comparables.
- Appraisals for donation are billed on an hourly basis.
- To provide a quote for a donation appraisal, we need an identification of the work(s) being donation, the recipient of the donation, and the date of the donation.