Winston Art Group prepares Retail Replacement Value appraisals for all types of fine art, decorative art, jewelry and collectibles. our appraisals can be submitted to insurance carriers and brokers to assist in binding insurance coverage.
- Insurance appraisals are for Retail Replacement Value. They are intended to represent the value it would take to replace the whole collection quickly in the event of a major loss.
- Winston Art Group can be engaged for insurance appraisals by the owner of the property, by the insurance broker, or by the insurance carrier.
- Every year, for existing Winston Art Group insurance appraisal clients, we provide a complimentary appraisal review, whereby we review appraised values and indicate to client whether any values need to be updated to stay in line with market developments.
- Typically, our appraisers inspect the property in person and then return to the Winston Art Group office to conduct market research. In some cases, we are able to complete appraisals without an on-site inspection, from provided images, description, and documentation.
- Appraisal documents are available in both hard copy and digital formats, and are easily accessible through our interactive collection management system. The appraisal document includes color digital images and full catalogue descriptions for each item, with values supported by appropriate market comparables.
- Appraisals for insurance are billed on an hourly basis.
- To provide a quote for an appraisal, we need to know the approximate number of pieces in the collection of each collecting category. If possible, we prefer to review a listing of the works in the collection.
- Winston Art Group is a preferred vendor for many top insurance companies, including Chubb, AIG, PURE, Berkley, Axa, and ARIS.